Our Mission at Christ Presbyterian Church is to bring glory to God by making all people into fully devoted worshipers of the Father, Son, and the Holy Spirit. Five characteristics summarize the changes fully devoted worshipers pursue:
* They believe in their hearts that Jesus is the Son of God and Savior of sinners, and trust in Jesus alone for their salvation. Acts 4:12 "Salvation is found in no one else, for there is no other name under heaven given to men by whom we must be saved." Acts 16:31 "Believe in the Lord Jesus, and you will be saved, you and your household." I John 3:23 "And this is His command: to believe in the name of his Son, Jesus Christ, and to love one another as he commanded."
* They unite openly with the Church, and confess Jesus as Lord before the world. Acts 2:38 "Repent, and be baptized, every one of you, in the name of Jesus Christ for the forgiveness of your sins."
* They seek a life of obedience to Scripture. I John 2:4-6 "The man who says, 'I know Him', but does not do what He commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But if anyone obeys His word, God's love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: Whoever claims to live in Him must walk as Jesus did."
* They seek to lovingly serve others for God's glory, doing good works as defined in Scripture. Ephesians 2:10 "...created in Christ Jesus unto good works ..." I John 3:17-18 "If anyone has material possessions, and sees his brother in need but has no pity on him, how can the love of God be in him? Dear children, let us not love with words or tongue, but with actions and in truth."
* They share the Good News about Jesus with unbelievers. Matthew 28:19-20 "Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." We believe Galatians 5:6b summarizes what God wants from all mankind: "The only thing that counts is faith that expresses itself through love." We welcome into our fellowship all who share this understanding of the Mission of the Church.